SOLVED DVD Maker Alternative

Bif

Reaction score
Hi all, new to this forum and looking forward to getting the goods (and bads) on all that`s Windows 10.
With having upgraded from 7 home, I`ve joined the ever growing list of folks that are disappointed in the loss of DVD Maker after the upgrade.Can anyone suggest a competent alternative/replacement to this once great program??
I must ad as well that it must be free,not trial/try before you buy or so on.Something that others have tried with success and ease of use.
Looking forward to the "flood" of suggestions!

Cheers in advance,
:)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I must ad as well that it must be free,not trial/try before you buy or so on.
As you likely, probably already know, most free software offerings are loaded with bloatware some of which even border on malware so you are not likely to get much information or response to your question.
DVD Maker has been gone for a while now and most of us have decided to bite the bullet and purchase one of the many commercial products available.
I remember, early days of Windows 8 when there was a lot of attention to the missing DVD Maker from Microsoft, people suggesting that this.....
http://www.dvdstyler.org/en/
Was a reasonable alternative. IDK and don't even remember if I even tried it back then.
This is not a recommendation, simply one suggestion as to a possible alternative.
If you decide to give it a try, please post back as to your impressions and criticisms (positive and negative) as it may prove beneficial to others.
OR
If, in your search for alternatives you find something more suitable.
Good luck Bif and welcome to the forum.

Bif

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the insightful info and warn welcome!...yes I thought as much with what you said about the freeware offerings,I as a rule stay clear of them for the exact reasons you mentioned..cheeses me off that MS has a (bad) habit of haphazardly removing useful programs and rarely replacing them...I've also noticed others recommend this DVDstyler..will possibly look into it or others and post back pro's and con's.
Thanks again for the reply!

Ask a Question