SOLVED Edge Browser

Reaction score
Since the Fall update, I've noticed that whenever I update any of my cleaner programs CCleaner... the updates (all) open with Edge, even though FF is my default browser. Is this another way of Cortana reporting back user activity to MS.
Has anyone else noticed this recent activity?

Reaction score
Go to settings - Default Apps - Scroll down and select . scroll right down and select "Set defaults by app"
Now, at this point, I scrolled down and selected IE (My default, you should choose FF - then Manage.
I put the whole lot on IE.

Reaction score
Thanks Dave: I did what you suggested, HTTPS had defaulted to Edge, reset to FF my default browser.
The last update must have reset the HTTPS to Edge (recommended for Windows 10) :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Well! I just tried another software update and Edge still opens automatically.o_O

Reaction score
Finally solved! Other than CCleaner, other cleaner apps require admin permission.
I hadn't changed how Default App setting are managed in the local admin account.
FireFox is now the default browser in my Local Admin and User accounts.

Reaction score
Great. My solution worked for me. But, as so often, in Windows 10, what is good for one is not necessarily good for another. The magic of Microsoft!

Ask a Question