Edge crashes

Reaction score
Edge will open and opens to my preferred home page but when I click on the address bar or if I click to add a new tab it immediately crashes. I can type and do stuff on the home page, it operates normally but it's impossible to go to any other address or to open a new tab. So, it's essentially unusable. I'm running an Alienware 17 (Dell), I installed Win 10 about two weeks ago, upgrading from 8.1; otherwise things seem to be running fine. I normally use Firefox and it operates as expected. Any ideas?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK..... you might want to give this a try
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Clears it, including favourites and all. That does break Edge for the user. To get it running again from an admin PowerShell prompt;

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}
SOURCE: https://social.technet.microsoft.co...-the-default-settings?forum=win10itprogeneral POST: By Mr Happy....

Ask a Question