Edge

Reaction score
Almost every Week, Edge is asking me to confirm my user name and password when I am using the drowser (already loged in).
Is this a scam??

Regedit32

Reaction score
If you have a malware infection such an alert would likely post a telephone number or website to visit to fix the issue.

However, its also possible something in your Credentials has gone awry, thus preventing Microsoft Server syncing with Microsoft Edge.

To sort that scenario:
  1. Type Credential Manager into the Cortana search field and press Enter
  2. Select Web Credentials
  3. Remove credentials you see listed.

Note: This will mean you will need to type in username and password on sites the next time you visit them, but all going well, you'll only need to do that once, and from then on all will be stable.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
What home page are you using, I log in to Edge on an initial install, in order to sync it with other devices. I then log out. I have never received a popup asking me to log in again.

Reaction score
Sorry. I spend most of my time these days away from my computer. I was using edge in an Ipad at the time, where you can sign out. Now I am on a computer and can see that all I have been doing is "unsyncing", as it can cause problems with other devices if left.

Last edited:

Ask a Question