Email turns into a Picasa.

BML

Reaction score
I attempt to drag an Email onto the Desktop and it turns into a Picasa carrying all of the photographs. What can be done to revert to normality?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Also....Chrome is doing away with Picasa and going with Google Photos. So you might want to check out how to migrate from Picasa to Google Photos. Then uninstall Picasa.

Bif

Reaction score
Also....Chrome is doing away with Picasa and going with Google Photos. So you might want to check out how to migrate from Picasa to Google Photos. Then uninstall Picasa.
From what I've read and understand,as Picasa is being retired..It will still be usable if already on your system although some features that are linked to Web Albums may not work,full editing functionality will.
If a Picasa devote as I am... Download the installer to your desktop so it's available locally in case reinstaltion is required.
I don't normally ( or ever ) suggest a third party download site for files but Filehippo has the legit Picasa 3 installer since it's no longer available from Google.

http://filehippo.com/download_picasa/

Last edited:

BML

Reaction score
I have no idea what, “Chrome/Pisca settings from your default program settings window” are or how to alter them.

Regarding, “Chrome is doing away with Picasa and going with Google Photos.” What is the general opinion as to just accepting the action of Chrome or is there a better alternative and finally, Is it a possibility that Piscas could just keep going?
I still have no idea as to why this problem occurred or if others experience it.

Bif

Reaction score
I'm not overly versed on Chrome as I use Firefox and have since it's inception.As an alternative, you could uninstall Chrome and install Firefox and it's very possible that this problem will cease.
As for your last question about Picasa, as stated in my earlier reply..Picasa will remain on your machine if installed already and will be fully usable although no updates will be available for it.If you haven't " migrated " to Google Photos and allowed Google back up all of your photos then Google Photos will not contain any of your pics.
I know they were quite insistent on taking control of all of my photos which is why I don't use Google Photos..I prefer to have all my pics local and not on a server...Just me.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
@BML

Ever since you posted about the issue, I have been wondering what could cause this, and as I'm unfamiliar with Picasa or Chrome I did not reply, but am now thinking if you have some application that opens websites in Windows Picasa related that automatically syncs as well could be to blame.

Can you show a screenshot of Settings > System > Apps for Websites

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I have no idea what, “Chrome/Pisca settings from your default program settings window” are or how to alter them.

Go to all settings, Apps, default apps, scroll all the way down till you see "set default apps" and click on it. This will bring up your default programs list. In the left pain, find Picasa and check it default settings (set them either to all or just the ones your want).

I personally use Google photos Desktop.....so every time I load a picture from a source, download one or take a picture from my mobile phone....they all go there. So I have a hard copy on my HDD and a copy in the cloud. I also use onedrive (cloud based) for a 3rd back up.

Ask a Question