SOLVED Emails and windows 10 mail app

Reaction score
My email provider is Sky and is used on windows 10 Mail app platform. I have not been able to access (or send ) any Emails for 2weeks.The message that appears at the top of the screen says that "we couldnt access this account. You might need update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device"
Despite many attempts following the above to rectify the issue the problem still remains i.e not able to view emails received.It has been suggested to me that the problem might lie with the windows 10 mail app and to delete it and then reinstate might solve the problem ?your comments would be appreciated.
Many thanks

Reaction score
Sky uses the Yahoo platform so you will most likely require an app specific password.
Log into Sky & go to Account security & turn on 2-factor authentication then you can create an app specific password.

Reaction score
Thank you so very much. Within a few seconds of following your advice everything was back to normal .Love the beautiful cat. Many thanks once again

Ask a Question