Enable Cortana when u dont live in U.S.A

Reaction score
Cortana in windows 10 is available to some countries by default & will be rolling to other countries slowly. Most however cannot use Cortana. If you happen to be the unlucky ones, all is not lost. Here is a quick & simple method to enable Cortana voice & search without any registry or system hacks.

So to 'Settings' & then 'Time & Language' & 'Region & Language'.

Screenshot (2).png

I live in Australia & naturally i will put Australia as my Country. However, Australia & 98% of the other Countries don't have Cortana support. So change it to 'United States'.
Now click on 'Start' button & type in: Cortana. Click on 'Cortana & Search Settings'.

U will see this

Screenshot (3).png

Now turn On Cortana & the 'Hey Cortana' Settings and u can just say 'Hey Cortana from anywhere within Windows to trigger Cortana.
She can open Applications & Settings for you, search the web for you and if ur so inclined, sing songs, tell u a joke and do impersonations :)

Here is a small list of things she will answer to... Hey Cortana
*Play the movie game
*Take me a note
*Tell me a story
*Do an impersonation
*Tell me a quote
*Sing me a song
*Tell me a joke
*May the force be with you
*What do you think of Siri?
*Who are you?
*Which is better Google or Bing?
*What does your name mean?
*How old are you?
*Who are you?
*i love u :p

The only thing i want to add is... enjoy Windows 10 and have fun with your very own personal assistant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Old news, I am afraid.
How To Get Cortana To Work In Any Country, Even If There's No Official Support
Published date : August 14th, 2015.
http://www.7tutorials.com/how-get-cortana-work-any-country-even-if-theres-no-official-support

excerpt :
While Microsoft promised to make Cortana available for more countries over time, for now she is only available in seven select countries and languages. These are:

• United States Of America (US English)
  • United Kingdom (British English)
  • Germany (German)
  • France (French)
  • Spain (Spanish)
  • Italy (Italian)
  • China (Mandarin Chinese)
In the near future, Microsoft also announced that they will make Cortana available for another six countries:

• Japan
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • India
  • Brazil
  • Mexico

Ask a Question