ENABLE Lock Screen ???

Reaction score
Everybody wants disable - but what to do when I want to ENABLE ?

From the very first time after fresh update from Windows 8 to 10 - there was a problem to have Lock Screen.

I like the simple information on it and quick display off after a while not used...

Then, after any option possible used to enable it, it somehow appeared after windows update. I was lucky to have it back. Self customized to black bacground without any disturbing images and icons - only pure time and date.

And, then, after last whole build update from 10240 to 10586 - again the pain. NO MORE LOCK SCREEN :-(

Tested again any possible option (system option, gpedit option, registry change) - nothing helps like after first upgrade from 8 to 10...

If I try to set the notebook (Lenovo Yoga 15) to Lock, it appears blank black (my custom solid color) background for around 2 seconds, and then it goest directly to login dialog (personal image with login button).

Have somebody any idea how to battle this terrible behavior ?

Account is local with Admin rights.

Thank You.

p.s. in attachment is small video to explain what (not) happens...

Attachments

• vid1A.zip
    311.7 KB · Views: 355
Reaction score
new info - if You left the pc still, it goest to the right mode after a while - and switches to the right lock screen - see picture.
that is, what I want to have directly after "Lock Computer" option from start menu...

20151123_120628_resize.jpg

any suggestion ???

Ask a Question