End of Security support for Windows 10, Version 1507 on all devices

Reaction score
HI Regedit32,

what if we have to do a complete fresh install with an older version of W10, will it still update using the update tool or not?. o_O

Can we download a later ISO and use that and will the W7 key still work?. :confused:

Regedit32

Reaction score
You can use that batch on any operating system, and any version of Windows.

When you install Windows you can choose for it not to check for updates as it installs.

To block a particular update now though is a lot harder. I use the wushowhide.cab Microsoft provided a while back to search updates, then select the ones I do not want, and carry on from there. That works fine.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-windows-10

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. :D

I don't really care if they stop updates, as long as I can update an old version of W10; I am happy! . :)

Reaction score
What! Why not roll us all back to Windows 7. I for one would be a happy user.

Reaction score
Well this bites the big one. I tried updating to the next version after the anniversary update and my machine locked up. Needless to say I rolled it back to 1507. The same thing happened on my sister in-laws machine when I did the updates for her.

Reaction score
Actually I'm not on version 1507. I'm on 1511 I suppose it's the going to be the same thing for this version?

Reaction score
1507 was the initial version 10240
1511 was called "November Update" 10586
1607 was called "Anniversary Update" 14393
1703 is called "Creators Update" 15063

IN theory it should be possible to skip a few updates to get to the latest (I have not tried it yet).
Wolfie's link will go to the latest version (when clicked on [Update Now] ) and the Windows10upgrade9252.exe will install the latest version

Reaction score
HI @Grizzly,

it will download the latest version as I have tried it out and it does give you the latest version, if it doesn't, run it again (the update installer) and it should!. :D

Apart from having the "Home button" missing in Edge browser, I don't have any problems with the Creators update!. :)

Hi @sam600sx,

it will leave a desktop icon and you can click on it at any time in the future to check for further full system updates!. ;)

Reaction score
I ran it on one of my systems last night. This one went better than the anniversary update. I still have my laptop to do. I am going to be putting a new system together in the next couple of days. I was contemplating putting Win10 on it but I think it will be Linux instead. I hate when settings are changed, or programs are uninstalled or installed that I either want or don't want.

Reaction score
yes, yes it is as well as version 1511 and the already suppose to be dead Version 1507(the first Windows 10). Bottom line is, every version that has been released so far is still supported with monthly updates.....

Correction: the Version 1507 is only supported via LTSB, the CB and CBB are no longer supported.

Ask a Question