Endless Reboot Immediately After Login

Reaction score
I've been working on Windows 10 for the past 6 months and have had no problem. Tonight, I wanted to install a computer vision tool called reacTIVision (http://reactivision.sourceforge.net/#files) on my machine. I've used this program before on other laptops and have had no problems at all. So, I download the zip file (version 1.5.1 for 64-bit OS) and unzip the archive (there is no installer, you just run the executable). I run it, but it can't seem to connect to my camera. So, I restart my computer, and am confronted with the standard login screen. Once I login, my computer freezes and restarts itself after about 5 seconds.
So, I go into troubleshoot mode. I boot into safemode and try to remove the zip file and anything else on my machine that contains the word 'reactivision' by deleting and emptying the recycling bin. I go into the task manager and make sure there's no superfluous programs that get started when I restart... and then I restart my computer... Same problem.
So, I boot back into the safe mode menu and try to troubleshoot by resetting my computer to a restore point. I only have two restore points on my machine (one from one week ago, and another from two weeks ago). I've not reset my computer to both restore points, and yet the problem remains. Can someone please tell me how to fix this without a clean install of Windows? I really don't want to lose everything on my machine.

Ask a Question