Enlarge Print For Live Outlook Email

Reaction score
Hi All, I would like to ask if there is any way to enlarge the Print in the Free Live Outlook, that is part of Windows 10.
When I need to Print an email that has been received, the print is so small, that with my poor old eyes I have to use a Magnifying Glass to read it. It is OK for reading on the screen, but, so small when it is printed on paper. Would appreciate, if anyone knows an answer to this problem.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Alf,

So far as I am aware there is no free Live Outlook in Windows 10.

Perhaps you had Windows Live Mail installed? If that is the case then open Windows Live Mail, and:
  • Click File
  • Select Options
  • Select Mail
  • Select the Read tab
  • Click the Fonts button
  • Click the drop arrow next to Font size and select larger or largest
  • Click OK

Reaction score
Hi Regedit32 Thank you for the reply, however the Heading of my Email program is called "OUTLOOK MAIL" and the URL is https://outlook.live.com this is run by MS, and it was installed as part of Windows 10. There is no File to click on apart from the Mozilla Firefox Page heading. Thanks again. you might have a look perhaps if you have a little time.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Alf,

Outlook most likely takes its basic settings from Internet Explorer 11 also built into Windows 10.

You could press windows key and R then in the run dialog type inetcpl.cpl and click OK to open Internet Explorer options window.

From here select the General tab then click the Accessibility button and if present remove any checked boxes then click OK

Now open Internet Explorer and select View > text size and adjust as preferred, then try opening and printing one of these Outlook emails. That may resolve things.

Congratulations by the way on scoring a free Outlook Mail. Here we have to purchase it separately.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Regedit32, I am sorry to say that there is no difference in the size of print. I went straight to "Largest"
This Outlook Mail, originally was raised by MS, and it is supposed to be the eventual replacement for "Hotmail".
They advertised that it would be available some time ago, they advised at the time that Hotmail had been around such a long time, and instead of trying to update Hotmail anymore, it was better to make a new mail ptogram.
I have still got a Hotmail Account, and if I get sent an email to my Hotmail address, it automatically comes to my Outlook account.
Also I have the choice of sending Emails either by Outlook, or Hotmail.
I am pretty good on the Computer, but, as I am 81 years old, I would like the email print to be a bit larger, as when I send emails I can adjust the size of the Font, as it lets me Bold, Enlarge, Italics, underline and colorbu not when I receive emails, you will appreciate that there are emails, sometimes which I need to print, Like Bank statements etc
Kind Regards
Alf

Regedit32

Reaction score
That is a pity.

Can you remind me what web browser you are using to read the emails in?

Or do you literally have Outlook Express installed as a standalone email application on your computer, and if so, any idea what Version number it is. To check you'd open the program then click Help > about

Reaction score
I am using Mozilla Firefox, this has the latest version.
Outlook does not have the Help like in a Browser, It just has Help with details how to use program.
There is no mention in this help section about Fonts or Print size.
It really is a Web based Mail System, just like Hotmail.
I assume that if MS ever update this program, it probably would be done in a Windows 10 update.
It beats me.
I have put this problem in their Feedback, but nothing is ever done about it
Alf

Regedit32

Reaction score
I don't use Firefox.

Are there no options in Firefox browser to increase font size?

Surely there must be as Accessibility is the norm now for the Internet; or at least it is supposed to be.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hi All, I would like to ask if there is any way to enlarge the Print in the Free Live Outlook, that is part of Windows 10.
I am using Mozilla Firefox, this has the latest version.
Once the print job is in process through Firefox, the options that may or may not be available are turned over to the print processor and those options are dependent on your printer driver.
On my Epson WF 3640 those options to increase the print size of a particular email that I am printing are under the properties button here......

Capture.PNG

Each Printer will likely have different property settings and options. IF you can provide the printer Manufacturer's Name, Model Name and Model Number, perhaps someone with similar equipment might advise as to where you might find similar options.
NOTE: You'll likely need to experiment with increase the respective values inorder to get anything acceptable. ON mine a minimal upward increase in percentage produces quite a difference in the actual print size of the document.

Ask a Question