Entry Point error code

Reaction score
Hi guys/gals

Anyone able to help me solve an error code?

The procedure entry point RtlpConvertl.CIDsToCultureNames could not be located in the dynamic link library
C:#\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL

Very frustrating as I can't open any of the Window programmes and therefore can't access important files.
Also Chrome & Skype has dissappeared and this error keeps popping up when I try to download it.

Kind regards

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi MelB,

Welcome to the Forum.

Some program you have installed is basically unable to locate the correct Dynamic Library DLL file; in this case KERNEL32.DLL

You'll need to locate this file within the Program folder, or if on a 64-bit OS probably in the x86 program folder, then copy the Kernel32.dll file and paste it into the Program folder than contains the executable application which runs the actual program.

Note: Do NOT copy to your System32 folder as this contains build 10 of the Kernel32.dll that is for the Windows OS and you do not want to overwrite that one!

It'd help if you let us know what programs you have installed if you are not sure which one it is that has triggered this event.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi MelB,

Welcome to the Forum.

Some program you have installed is basically unable to locate the correct Dynamic Library DLL file; in this case KERNEL32.DLL

You'll need to locate this file within the Program folder, or if on a 64-bit OS probably in the x86 program folder, then copy the Kernel32.dll file and paste it into the Program folder than contains the executable application which runs the actual program.

Note: Do NOT copy to your System32 folder as this contains build 10 of the Kernel32.dll that is for the Windows OS and you do not want to overwrite that one!

It'd help if you let us know what programs you have installed if you are not sure which one it is that has triggered this event.

Regards,

Regedit32

Hi,

Thank you so much for replying!. :)
I purchased an external CD/DVD writer as my laptop doesn't have a DVD. I suspect the issues I'm having is due to the new hardware I installed?.
I'm not sure how to delete the hardware as it doesn't seem to show up on the list of devices. Most importantly I need to fix the problem so I can open my files & access Window's again.

Kind regards
Mel

Ask a Question