Error 400 Visit data was missing when handling click

Reaction score
Attracted by this headline: "PC Owners Swarm To Do This Today…
Is your PC running slow or unprotected? by WEB LIFE ADVICE"

on Yahoo homepage, I downloaded and installed their software "SCANGUARD" which was said to be free.
After installation it immediately started a scan of my laptop which came out with a result of several errors and asked to click on a "FIX IT" button. After a while of clicking this button, it came with a page that says that I have to buy the software to enable a complete clean-up at the cost of US$19.00 or so per month.

Finding it quite expensive and already subscribed to McAfee (moreso when I had recently renewed my subscription) I decided to stop wherever I had reached. Since then, I keep having "YOUR COMPUTER IS AT RISK" red alert and aside from totally slowing down my system, anytime I click on certain links, following is what I get:

Error 400

Visit data was missing when handling click. To redirect a click, you must go through your campaign URL. Details: Voluumdata is missing.

Can anyone assist me with this.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Well, you have learned a valuable lesson :
1. not to believe anything on the internet
2. not to click on something inviting you for a "free" something

the only thing to get rid of is to uninstall the program again and check your browser start page settings. I am certain there is an additional link entered...

Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful word of the wild wild west internet where everyone is hustling for a buck and nobody can be trusted. You missed the buzz word after the scan found no less than 1300 fatal errors on your computer. At this point you must REGISTER which really means type your credit card number right here..
This is exactly like Honest Abe's used car lot which has everything you ever needed if only you can spare a few bucks. You will see this everywhere on the net..

Reaction score
For every PC computer problem there is a bogus program out there promising to fix it, all they are concerned about is your money. AS mentioned try a System Restore to an earlier date than the download and you could try Malwarebytes JRT (Junk Removal Tool) from Malwarebytes.
https://www.malwarebytes.com/junkwareremovaltool/

Reaction score

the only thing to get rid of is to uninstall the program again and check your browser start page settings. I am certain there is an additional link entered...
Thanks Grizzly. I had already uninstall the software when I sent the post. But I do not know where to go from here. Any guideline?

Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful word of the wild wild west internet where everyone is hustling for a buck and nobody can be trusted. You missed the buzz word after the scan found no less than 1300 fatal errors on your computer. At this point you must REGISTER which really means type your credit card number right here..
This is exactly like Honest Abe's used car lot which has everything you ever needed if only you can spare a few bucks. You will see this everywhere on the net..
Thanks jmccleary, But you did not provide any solution. Any solution?

Reaction score
Hi,

If you run ZHPCleaner, it will detect and after you can delete the unwanted softwares, tool bars, pirate browser.
It is very effective ! :)

Bye ;) JAY B.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hi,

It is very safe and very easy to use.

But, as usual you create a restore point before using it.

Bye ;)

Reaction score
Grizzly said:

That is absolute GOSPEL don't ever forget it.

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfie.
My system says: This option is nonlonger available because your PC was upgraded more than 10 days ago.
Where do I go from here?
My suggestion is that if you have all your data backed up, do a fresh clean install and learn from your mistake, you could manually delete the offending folder via the registry but I am not going to go into that as you may well delete the wrong folder and have even more trouble!. ;);)

What version of W10 do you have?, do you have a restore function on your PC?(make & model please).

See the following link which may well help you decide to do a fresh install or upgrade the version you have and hopefully remove the offending software?:

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/how-to-upgrade-windows-10-to-the-latest-version.13015/ :)

Ask a Question