Error code 0XC0000185 and 0XC0000142

Reaction score
How do I repair the above on Windows 10, in easy steps please as I am a computer begineer, I suspect that is why I have the problems in the first place, done something I shouldn't.

Thanks.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8001 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 922 GB (851 GB Free); D: 111 GB (70 GB Free); E: 298 GB (192 GB Free);
Motherboard: Packard Bell, iMedia S2885
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Reaction score
Thanks for reply, have tried the suggested website, but still have the same two error codes.

Tried Start up repair and get the message: Couldn't repair PC.
Tried chkdsk / R and get the message: Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected.
Tried Bootrec /scanos and get the message: Scanned successfull, total identified windows installations:0
Tried Bootrec /fixmbr and get the message: Operation successful
Tried Bootrec /fixboot and get the message: Operation successful
Tried Bootrec /RebuildBcd and get the message: Scanned successfull, total identified windows installations:0
Does the above [total identified windows installations:0] mean that a windows installation cannot be found?

I hav now done a fresh install of windows 10, but still have the same error codes come up.

Ask a Question