Error Message Sats No Association But Appears to be One There

Reaction score
For some time I have used office 2010 as My main application for Word Processing, Excel Spreadsheets, Email and Calendar, etc. I later went to Office 2016 for the same reason but had problems getting two-way sync to work with my email Calendars from Gmail. I later went back to Office 2010 with exception of Outlook. In its place I have been using eM Client which works great with my local providers email and my Gmail email. I use its calendar function with Gmail and its contacts with my Gmail. Seems to work great and I'm satisfied with the exception or periodic messages that pop up on the screen that says "There is nom email program or one is not associated in the Default of the Default Control Panel."

However, the Default program is set to eM Client. At this stage I am not sure if it's a Windows 10 problem or an eM Client problem.

Any Idea what I may be missing?

Michael

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
satisfied with the exception or periodic messages that pop up on the screen that says "There is nom email program or one is not associated in the Default of the Default Control Panel.
Does this happen randomly or is it reproducible?
Is there something particular that you are doing or clicking on that produces the error message?

Reaction score
It happens randomly and doesn't appear to be reproducible. Many times it happens when I am not even near the computer and eM Client is not open at the time.

Michael

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It happens randomly and doesn't appear to be reproducible
That may be pretty difficult to troubleshoot.
Any chance that there may be something in the Event Viewer, Windows Logs, Applications Logs on or about the approximate date and time of the message showing up, that may provide some insight into what might be producing the message?

Reaction score
That may be pretty difficult to troubleshoot.
Any chance that there may be something in the Event Viewer, Windows Logs, Applications Logs on or about the approximate date and time of the message showing up, that may provide some insight into what might be producing the message?

It happened again sometime between mid-night and 9:10 this morning while the computer was on but not in use. How would I go about enabling the Windows Log and Application Log for eM Client in preparation for the next time?

Michael

Reaction score
I understand this often occurs when using Office2010
But, try this:

Right click the start icon and , in the "run", type " regedit "
Scroll down and open "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail"
Delete the “Default” registry values. (They will probably say Outlook)
Open the Control Panel - Default Programs, and set Em Client as your default programs.

Reaction score
I tried eM Client for a few days with the intermittent error as mentioned earlier. I wanted to test Mailbird as well so I uninstalled eM Client and installed Mailbird and set it as my default mail program last night. Sometime this afternoon I received the same error I was getting when eM Client was installed basically proving it was not an eM Client problem.

I followed your directions above and an now playing the waiting game. Will report back in a few days.

Michael

Ask a Question