Error regarding store (can't log in)

Reaction score
Hello! So I'm in a bit of a pickle. My laptop hasn't been having too many problems lately. But today I tried to start up my laptop. It gave me an error regarding the store but quickly disappeared. What has been happening is sometimes a blue screen will show up saying if I want to restart or take the more technical route. However, this has not been consistant.

So, most of the time, it gets to me to normal front page, and after 3 minutes lets me interact and enter my password. Then from there it sits and doesn't do anything else but loop on the "Welcome" notification. Another thing is usually my backlight keys turn on automatically but now it's refusing to unless I press the button. Also, my computer is making a lot more sounds than it normally does. :(

Hopefully that helps. Does anyone have a solution??? :(

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hello vikingchick,

If you've been getting intermittent BSOD (blue screen with error message/warnings) there will be a Dump log stored which we can take a look at to help analyze what is going on.

However the greater issue at this moment is your comment:

• "Also, my computer is making a lot more sounds than it normally does."

That sounds to me like you have an overheating issue with your laptop. The first thing to check is the vents that allow air to circulate via the internal fans. Make sure they are not blocked with dust or anything else. If they are this needs clearing ASAP.

If the internal fans are noisy they may need cleaning or repair also.

It is important to address this as overheating can damage the motherboard and graphics chip or other components on the board which ultimately leads to an expensive repair or replacement of computer.

The intermittent BSODs could be a clue your laptop is overheating.

If you are not familiar with how to service your laptop I'd recommend you get it serviced by a professional, or if you feel comfortable doing this yourself reading the Laptop's manual to see what instructions it gives on the maintenance I am suggesting. If you do not have a physical copy of this manual, there will be one online at the manufacturer website of your laptop (e.g. Dell, Hewlett Packard etcetera).

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks Regedit32! So I was actually able to get on my computer via Safe Start and grab all my files. After I read this I realized I had gotten an error message about my fan a few days before this all happened. I will still trying to clean out vents and try again to see if the BSOD is solved.

Ask a Question