SOLVED Excel 2010 charts resized

Reaction score
My Excel 2010 charts have all been resized (shrunk to about half size) when opening them in my Windows 10 machine upgraded from W8.1. Excel won't allow me to resize them, size settings greyed out in Format Chart Area box. I can zoom up, but that's not the same thing, and is unsatisfactory. The legend is also too big and overlaps the chart.
I've opened the same files from OneDrive on my Windows 7 machine and the charts are perfect, with their original size, even after I've edited and saved them from the W10 machine.
I've tried copying and pasting the chart into another blank chart worksheet but they paste to full size but at 202% zoom. Back to 100% zoom they are shrunk again.
This happens to all spreadsheets I've checked so far. Some charts are initially zoomed to 202% when I open them, so they look big enough, but the elements (markers, lines, legend, axis labels etc.) are all too big. Zooming back to 100% shrinks them to half size again.

Reaction score
This seems to be fixed by going into Display Settings and changing size of text, apps etc. from the default 125% to another setting (150%) and then back again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the headsup Pete and welcome to the forum.

Ask a Question