Excel 2016 VBA scroll bars not working

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is where to post (on this forum) my issue...
I am using Excel 2016 (v1707) and also running Windows 10 Creator (v1703) on a new laptop.
The horizontal & vertical scroll bars in the VBA window are non-functional. At first, I thought it was my new laptop. However, after further searching, I've learned that this is a known issue.
Does anyone have a resolution for this issue???

Reaction score
Jacki Hi. I have MS Office 2010 and XL works fine. You could try right click on the "Customize Status Bar) (the bar at the very bottom) and make sure the scroll lock is OFF. Other than that I'm stumped.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The horizontal & vertical scroll bars in the VBA window are non-functional
Can we assume that you are using VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) to create custom forms to input to an excel spreadsheet?
It's been well over a decade since I've messed with VBA, so I'm not likely to be of any help, but....
It might be handy if you would explain what you are doing, where you are doing it.
That might prevent some misunderstanding and perhaps someone who can actually help may be able to offer something useful.
As I recall, whenever I had problems using VBA in Access it usually had something to do with my "references"

Reaction score
Can we assume that you are using VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) to create custom forms to input to an excel spreadsheet?

I'm using VBA to edit / create VBA code in modules and that is where the scroll bars are non-functional.

make sure the scroll lock is OFF
I've checked scroll lock and it is off.

Here are links to 2 other websites that cite the same problem... my comment:
However, after further searching, I've learned that this is a known issue.
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...em-with-scrollbars-in-vba-editor?forum=isvvba

https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/...ode-window-scroll-bar-not-working-under-windo

Ask a Question