Excel document isn't able to open

Reaction score
One of my workers told me about his unpleasant issue. She was working under MS Excel 2013 and some of the data disappeared from its sheet. She applied Open&Repair function, but it couldn't handle this. I hope someone here would suggest something....

Reaction score
Did she Save the document before noticing the problem? That will make it difficult to retrieve the data, would have been easier if Excel had crashed to use the recover.

Reaction score
One of my workers told me about his unpleasant issue. She was working under MS Excel 2013 and some of the data disappeared from its sheet. She applied Open&Repair function, but it couldn't handle this. I hope someone here would suggest something....
Usual and reliable method, which recommends Microsoft, is applying built-in feature Open&Repair. Nevertheless, in case it can’t aid, Microsoft doesn’t say. That is why I used Google on phrase how to restore excel file 2007 and it suggested me some variants, I want to share it with you…

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...workbook-7abfc44d-e9bf-4896-8899-bd10ef4d61ab
https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...workbook-153a45f4-6cab-44b1-93ca-801ddcd4ea53

The first thing to try is to open it with the Repair option in Excel. You can do this by clicking on File and then Open. In the Open dialog box, single click on the Excel file and then click on the small arrow next to the Open button.

Go ahead and click on Open and Repair and you’ll get a message asking if you want to repair, which will recover as much data as possible or if you simply want to extract data, which will copy out the formulas and values.

You can try to repair first and see if it can recover the whole file, if not, you can then try to extract the data.

Ask a Question