SOLVED Excel not opening, flashes up and disappears

Reaction score
I upgraded to windows 10 last night and today I have tried to open excel but it is not working, it simply flashes on the screen then disappears, there are no error messages and it happens if I try to open a file or just the program on its own. Please help as this is the main program I use. Thank you

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Typically most Microsoft Office products offer a repair function. The individual components as well as the Office Suite full product.
Check Control Panel Programs and Features, select your installed product, click the "Change" option at the top of the list of installed programs and see if you can repair the installation.
I know that in some instances, members have reported that they have had to uninstall and re-install the Office Suite to get things working again, but....
Try the repair option first.

Reaction score
Thank you so much, the quick repair option seems to have done the trick, looks like it's working ok now.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good to hear and thanks for the follow-up.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question