Explorer.exe crashes continuously after log-in

Reaction score
Installed Windows 10 today. Everything worked fine till I logged in. My homepage comes up with the same wallpaper as I was using under Windows 7 and a task bar at the bottom but the screen continuously flashes to blank with the circle by the courser. Ctrl-Alt-Del brings up task manager and when I went to the Resource Monitor it showed explorer.exe popping up as suspended then terminated over and over again. Can run nothing from the task bar. Reboots get to the same state.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It seems that there can be any number of reasons for this flashing screen, explorer crashing problem. Sometimes a driver issue with GPU or trackpad, various BT and RF dongles or even third party security suites that keep trying to load and failing.
But a solution that I found kinda interesting..... don't know if it will work for you but it might be worth a look.
https://www.windows10forums.com/thre...0-desktop-wont-stop-flashing.1619/#post-10605

Ask a Question