Explorer Navigation bar Organization

Reaction score
This is what my navigation bar currently looks like (with libraries hidden) :
kuTOWGU.png

each of the locations; documents, music, pictures etc.. lead to the user folders by default, however they lead to folders that I do not use regularly. The documents folder for example; is where I keep the various settings and save files for programs and games, it is not a folder I want to interact with on a regular basis. These folders if changed to the folders I use for my libraries with will then fill my regularly used folders with junk that I do not want to move, or change, basically creating wasted space and annoyence. So therefore I dont want to see them, easy fix... close the "This PC" section, if I need to get to them I just click on the "User" link in the libraries.

I want to use the libraries as I always have, and they are already linked to the designated folders located on my hard drive, this means that now there is two areas for two completely different user documents in explorer, the ones that show in "This PC" and the ones that show in "Libraries". This is completely fine I will mainly use the libraries.

This is where it gets annoying.
The drives... I dont want to have both the "This PC" area open AND my "libraries" open as well, it looks and feels awful with such a cluttered mess to the left of my explorer.

What I want is this (made this picture swiftly in photoshop):
g22Sbs0.png

So my question after this long explanation is... Is it possible for me to create the "Drives" specific area of the navigation sidebar so that I dont have to use the "This PC" area? and if so, how?

For the time being I'm just creating a new library for each drive so I only have to have "libraries" area open, but i would still like to create that lovely drives specific area.

Ask a Question