Extended & Main display "blank"

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the Q&A...

I am currently running windows10 on a HP tablet. I have it in a docking station, which has a second larger screen attached.

Last night set it up, perfect movie playing on external, able to browse ect on tab. Removed it today, re-docked, no display (blank screen) on external. Reset duel settings, making tab the primary screen.

Now neither screen shows a display, both blank. Pls help..... ANYONE.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Was reading something similar recently (unfortunately I can't find it now) it seemed to involve the system still thinking that it had either two or in some instances even a third monitor attached.
The solution seemed to be something involving swiping or scrolling left or right, or right clicking to identify the display(s).
Sorry for the vagueness of my post, I wish I could find the exact specifics but so far no luck.

Reaction score
Thanks, but no help. Unfortunately when its out the docking station, it does pick up the second screen. As soon as I redock it, can't see anything to edit settings.

Oh well looks like I'm gonna have to stick to the tablet screen. :(

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Are you able to take a look at Device manager?
Maybe clean up references to "Monitors"
You may have to use the menu bar -> View -> Show hidden devices.
Might be worth taking a look through "Portable devices" as well see what's there, if anything might be related.

Ask a Question