External booting and using a laptop with windows 10 preinstalled

Reaction score
My small memory laptop is preinstalled with windows 10. Now, I have an old model scanner which
does not work with this win10. There is no support either from the scanner company, they stopped
supporting this old model. I tried searching a lot but failed to get the scanner working.
If I boot my laptop with an external CD or something with an older version of windows (XP or vista),
will I be able to use the scanner with this laptop then? XP and vista has driver available for the scanner from company website.
Please suggest
Thanks a lot

Regedit32

Reaction score
I assume there is an executable you open to use your Scanner. (i.e. some form of GUI window).

Have you tried, installing that software by right-clicking the installation file and selecting Properties > Compatibility tab and selecting and older version of Windows there, before running the installation. This in theory would install the Scanner software in compatibility mode, and then would hopefully work for you on your laptop.

Reaction score
My small memory laptop is preinstalled with windows 10. Now, I have an old model scanner which
does not work with this win10. There is no support either from the scanner company, they stopped
supporting this old model. I tried searching a lot but failed to get the scanner working.
If I boot my laptop with an external CD or something with an older version of windows (XP or vista),
will I be able to use the scanner with this laptop then? XP and vista has driver available for the scanner from company website.
Please suggest
Thanks a lot
I have to recommend Hamrick (VueScan) sincethey very often add drivers for OLD & New Scanners, and if you use the TRIAL version and your Scanner fails to work, send the log to them and (In my case) They added an sent me a link to test) w/i 2 hours... Super fast responce to me an I now only use VueScan...

Reaction score
If you have the disk space, you could make another partition snd install an older OS in the second partition and run the scanner from there?

Ask a Question