External drive "Partition Is Not Accessible. Access Is Denied"

Reaction score
This sometimes happen with my external hard drives. I can use Ubunta to recover my information but is there a better way to restore my drives?

Reaction score
There's no information given about your computer. Or is it two different computers, one with Windows and the other with Ubuntu? Or maybe dual-booting on the same computer?

[I have Ubuntu 18.04 on a Bootable LiveDVD and on a Bootable USB Thumb drive and Linux Mint 19.1 on a Notebook and a Desktop.]

Are you using a USB 2 port or a USB 3 port, sometimes makes a difference? Are your Power Settings maybe turning off the port?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
My laptop has a 1 t byte hard drive partitioned for a backup drive. My external drive is a 2 t byte. I don't know why this happened and tried it in both usb ports. I have Ubuntu on a bootable sandisk and used it to recover some inportant files. I had to format my external hard drive to get Windows 10 Pro to recognize the drive

Ask a Question