External Monitor problem after lightning storm

Reaction score
I have spent some time trying to research an answer for my problem , but so far not really found a solution .

I have my fingers firmly crossed that some forum members may be able to help me.

I have recently purchased a second hand Asus T200TA Transformer book that is running Windows 10 home 32bit.

I had it connected to an external AOC monitor and its been working fine , a few days ago I left the machine on charge and running while I was out of my house , when I came home I turned the external monitor on , and nothing .

My mother told me that there was a big storm with thunder and lightning while I was away from the house.

I connect the machine to the internet using a 3G wireless router with a SIM card ( no direct antenna connection as I live near the 3G tower

Every thing seems to be working well except for the external monitor .

I have checked in the device manager and there's now no external monitor shown.

I have re installed the monitor drivers that came with the monitor .

I have tried the same monitor and cable on another computer and its working ok.

I have purchased a new monitor to T200TA cable and tried that , but still no monitor showing up.

I have tried several friends monitors , still nothing shows up in the device manager .

The windows 10 is fully up to date .

Add device can't see the external monitor .

I have tried one system restore point going back before the problem occurred , but still no external monitor showing up or working.

I'm not too sure if the machine being on during a thunder / lightning storm has any thing to do with my current problem , but I can't think of any thing else.

I'm fairly new to windows computers , so any help or advice on what I can do to get my external monitor back working once more would be appreciated

Thank You .

Ask a Question