SOLVED Failed To Connect To Group Policy Client Service

Reaction score
I am getting the above message when I start up my computer, outlook mail is extremely slow in loading. other things seem to be working o.k. can anyone please say how to fix this message or what it means.
Many thanks

Reaction score
thank you so much for your help at the moment it seems to have been a network issue for me and that has been resolved for the moment and everything is working o,k

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thank you for the follow-up and posting back and letting us know your findings.
Much appreciated.

Reaction score
I am getting the above message when I start up my computer, outlook mail is extremely slow in loading. other things seem to be working o.k. can anyone please say how to fix this message or what it means.
Many thanks

Reaction score
I have read many the fixes for this problem. All seem complicated and not always successful. I found a very simple solution paging through other threads that has worked a treat for me. Simply turn off Windows Fast Start Up under "Settings/ Power and Sleep/ Additional Power Settings/ Choose what the power buttons do" and under Shutdown settings untick the "Turn on Fast start up" box . This not only fixed the Group Policy Client problem but my PC starts faster without Fast Start Up, does not take forever when shutting down and the periodic crashes I was experiencing have gone.
Hope that this helps

Reaction score
I have read many the fixes for this problem. All seem complicated and not always successful. I found a very simple solution paging through other threads that has worked a treat for me. Simply turn off Windows Fast Start Up under "Settings/ Power and Sleep/ Additional Power Settings/ Choose what the power buttons do" and under Shutdown settings untick the "Turn on Fast start up" box . This not only fixed the Group Policy Client problem but my PC starts faster without Fast Start Up, does not take forever when shutting down and the periodic crashes I was experiencing have gone.
Hope that this helps
THANK YOU! I've been dealing with this since 2 days after getting my new laptop. Tried everything and was afraid I'd have to give up my beautiful Star Wars laptop till I came across this fix!!! You are the real MVP!

Reaction score
I followed Aussie's instructions and unticked the "Turn on Fast startup" box. I no longer receive the message "couldnt connect to Group policy client service". It's a very simple solution and it works. Thank you so much Aussie. You've saved me a great deal of pain.

Ask a Question