FALSE HP Keyboard battery mesages

Reaction score
We have a HP Touch Smart Desktop 600-1050a, and ever since we upgraded to Windows 10 all we are getting at startup is Low battery notifications, with no way of stopping them.
Any suggestions from those in the know?

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with an HP Touch Smart after upgrading to Windows 10. The Keyboard Low Battery warning is driving me crazy. Replaced batteries 3 times. This is a false warning. How do I stop it?

Reaction score
Has to be an incompatible driver. Either HP doesn't have proper drivers yet, or Microsoft is pushing a bad driver through Windows Update.

Reaction score
I had this problem too and purchased a Logitech keyboard (and mouse) to replace the HP keyboard as suggested in another forum. This did not solve the problem. What did solve the problem was uninstalling
HP Desktop Keyboard On-Screen Display (OSD) Software

This is the software that shows Cap Lock and Number Lock information on your screen. If you uninstall this and keep your HP keyboard, you will get no notification of the key states. If you replace the keyboard with a Logitech one, you will get a temporary notification and sound notification (if you configure for sound notification) as well as low battery information.

In Windows 10, this software is listed as an app, not a driver.

I am only posting this on this forum, the problem has been stated in many others. I have spent way too much time on this, but since I am retired, I can afford that. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
I had this problem too and purchased a Logitech keyboard (and mouse) to replace the HP keyboard as suggested in another forum. This did not solve the problem. What did solve the problem was uninstalling
I recommend this keyboard. It is Logitech K400. It is wireless (not bluetooth) and works great from the couch or as a desk model. It is $25 so relatively inexpensive. Downside; If you use sunscreen , you should wash your hands prior to use or the letters will rub off and the plastic back may react with it. The keys are crisp but it is a reduced size keyboard so every symbol may not be located where you are used to seeing them. Aside from the few negatives, I love this keyboard and think you may as well.

Ask a Question