Favorites Bar Issue As A Result Of Win10 Install

Reaction score
I just upgraded to Win10 last night from Win7Prof. I had many items saved in Favorites Bar and in Favorites (as folders containing numerous links). After my install, some of my items that used to be in Favorites Bar (as individual links) got imported as Folders showing their old names but with no link. My guess is that these links were no longer valid and when they were imported, Win10 didn't know how to treat them. Anyway, they now appear as yellow folders residing along with other Favorites Bar active links. I have right clicked on them and they cannot be removed. When I do this, I get kicked out of the screen completely. I have also gone to my File Manager and located those links that appear as Folders, and deleted them there. But they are still showing up in my Favorites Bar. I have cleared the cache for history, downloads, cached files, etc. numerous times and that does not help. I have hit Refresh and that had no affect. I have deselected Show Favorites Bar then reselected it, and this does not help. So, I seem to be stuck with yellow file folders in my Favorites Bar that cannot be deleted, or touched for that matter, as touching them removes you from that screen.

This is a different matter of less frustration, but there are so many .ini files in so many places. Places where they have never been listed before. This is annoying. Would love to make them go away. I understand seeing them in Program Files but these seem to be in places they have never been seen before.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I've come to the opinion that Edge is a work in progress. There may be a solution but It's not easily seen.
Did you back-up your bookmarks in any way before the upgrade?

Alternatively, you could try IE which is buried in Start>All apps>Windows accessories

Ask a Question