SOLVED Favorites List

Reaction score
Wife's laptop failed, want to let her use my laptop, but it contains all my favorites. How do I restore her list of favorites on my computer?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Had she been using a Microsoft Account to log into her laptop?
If so, I think just adding her account to your laptop and letting her log on to that account should bring her favorites with her account settings, at least that has been my experience previously.
Otherwise, you will find them stored locally on her laptop on the hard drive in C:\Users\HerUserName\Favorites
If you have a means of removing the hard disk from the failed computer and attaching it to another system.

Reaction score
Had she been using a Microsoft Account to log into her laptop?
If so, I think just adding her account to your laptop and letting her log on to that account should bring her favorites with her account settings, at least that has been my experience previously.
Otherwise, you will find them stored locally on her laptop on the hard drive in C:\Users\HerUserName\Favorites
If you have a means of removing the hard disk from the failed computer and attaching it to another system.

Reaction score
Thanks for your input, I did find a list of all her favorites under C;/users. I'm not sure if she was using Microsoft account, I will see if I can find out. Actually I'm having a problem with Win 10 on her computer, it is so slow. So I thought I would just let her use mine while I reload windows 10 on hers. Is there any way I can get her favorites to my laptop?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is there any way I can get her favorites to my laptop?
Sure but it will just make a big mess of your favorites directory.
That's why I suggest minimally, creating a new user on your laptop and let her log in as that new user, then you can just copy her favorites folder from C:\Users\HerUserName\Favorites onto a thumb drive and then paste them into her C:\Users\HerNewUserAccountOnYourLaptop\Favorites
Not really a big deal actually. I just thought if she had been using a Live ID (Microsoft account) that, that would be simpler just having her use that on your computer.

Reaction score
Sure but it will just make a big mess of your favorites directory.
That's why I suggest minimally, creating a new user on your laptop and let her log in as that new user, then you can just copy her favorites folder from C:\Users\HerUserName\Favorites onto a thumb drive and then paste them into her C:\Users\HerNewUserAccountOnYourLaptop\Favorites
Not really a big deal actually. I just thought if she had been using a Live ID (Microsoft account) that, that would be simpler just having her use that on your computer.

Reaction score
Sorry trouble, but this does seem to be working. I actually copied all her addresses to C:\users\her acct\favorites. And they are listed there, but no favorites are showing up when I activate google and look at favorites?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry.....
That favorites folder is for I.E.
I believe that you can import those into Chrome, though now that you have them in place.
Maybe Google "import favorites into Chrome"
Looks pretty easy to me.

Ask a Question