Favorites organization

Reaction score
I want to organize my Favorites alphabetically. I used to do this with WIN8.1/IE11. It is horrible to have all my Favs mixed up. I have a long list.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi cavalierking,

At the moment organzing alphabetically in the automated sense is not possible using Microsoft Edge.

If you open the Favorites hub you can left-click, hold and drag links around to resort them.

If you all ready have heaps of links disorganized that of course will be a chore.

As a work around - I say this as I am sure many have used Windows 10 Feedback to ask Microsoft to give us this feature back in Edge - you can do this:
  • Open Chrome browser (if you have not all ready done so, download and install it)
  • In top right corner of Chrome click the three horizontal lined icon | click Bookmarks > Import bookmarks and settings
  • Select Microsoft Edge | check Favorites/Bookmarks | click Import
  • This ought to give you a nice alphabetically ordered list. If not, then you can click Bookmarks > Bookmark manager and do a simple tidy there
  • Once satisfied close Chrome
  • Next open Microsoft Edge | manually remove the favorites | close Hub
  • Next reopen Favorites Hub and at top right click the favorites settings link
  • Check Chrome | click Import
Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
As cavalierking has pointed out, this feature doesn't currently exist. But the folks in the Windows Insider program have been testing a version of Edge that does support sorting. This feature is expected to appear in July with the Anniversary Update to Windows 10.

Meanwhile, you can use a 3rd-party application called EdgeManage to sort your favorites (no waiting!)

http://www.emmet-gray.com/Articles/EdgeManage.html

Ask a Question