Figuring out if I have a Key-Logger virus

Reaction score
I know I should probably ask on the software's website but I'm hoping I'll get more tips/help here than posting in a non-technical savvy place.

Just got my second warning that my Steam account was accessed from a "new" location.
Recently reinstalled Windows 10 after changing Mobo and CPU. In the past 10 years of using steam, I've never ran into any security problems.
Last week I got an email alret that my Steam account was accessed from Germany. got it at 7:22am, had my pass changed by 7:40am. to something simple for me but complicated for anyone else. even my fist pass included a made-up word, capital letters and numbers.

Just got another alert right now that, again, my Steam account was accessed from " (DE)" (Denmark? first alert was from GR)

How can I go about figuring out if I have a key-logger installed. first and second passwords share nothing in common. something HAS to be logging my login info.

Reaction score
There is no one solution because there is more than one type of key logger.

A frequent suggestion is to install the free Malwarebytes program, update it, and do a DEEP scan (which could take a few hours).

Ask a Question