SOLVED File Explorer Display

Reaction score
Hi! I've been using Windows 10 for years now. Suddenly my File Explorer display has changed, and I can't find anything.

The left-hand window with its own slider bar in which all my folders, devices, drives, and frequent access files should be displayed has disappeared! There is now only one window, and when a folder or device is selected from the list shown, its contents replace the entire window instead of being displayed in a separate window on the right as they should be!

How do I get my File Explorer display back to normal??

Reaction score
I answered my own question -- a reference in another thread tipped me off. I had inadvertently switched off the Navigation Pane -- something I'd never done before. In searching for the solution, I had checked and rechecked every option below that box but never clicked right on it. Problem solved.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
@pyoung1003 Welcome to the forums, good to see you found a solution ;) and feel free to mark thread as solved.

Have a nice day.

Ask a Question