File Size Of Folder

Reaction score
I have many folders and files under each department: documents, downloads, pictures, music etc.
I can see the file size of the individual file, but when I view them in a folder, (or files among folders) I am unable to see the folder size. It has a column for it, but only individual files are listed. I'd really like to see my folder size along side my individual files. Thanks.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi raindance1280,

Welcome to the Forum

The Microsoft Windows OS does not offer the option to view the Folder size in the Size column on a Details view of a folder. It only displays the size of individual files.

There are third party tools such as Tree Size, and Folder Size and Folder Explorer which you could google and download if you really must see this view. Personally, though I'd stay well away from what in my view are third party bloatware which while achieving what you say you want, will ultimately slow your system down wasting resources to provide details you can easily get viewing the Properties of the folder, or turning on Folder Tips under File > Change Folder and Search Options > View > and checking Display file size information in folder tips (although this ought to all ready be checked by default).

Ask a Question