SOLVED Files will not open on one external drive

Reaction score
Today I have a external hard drive that has a lot of photos, videos etc but all of a sudden they will not open, They are all visible but.....

Reaction score
Today I have a external hard drive that has a lot of photos, videos etc but all of a sudden they will not open, They are all visible but.....

Reaction score
Hi Dennis,

you need to be more specific, " They are all visible but..... " doesn't help much!. Have you tried different USB ports, did you safely remove the device from another computer?. ;)

Reaction score
Advanced software like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can assist you in recovering files and folders that are hidden or removed by a virus/malware, retrieving data from an inaccessible storage device that has a file system error (like becoming RAW) with ease.

EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is able to restore files that you can't see on an external hard drive or USB drive in Windows 10 in 3 steps:

Step 1. Choose the external hard drive

Since you're going to recover data from the external hard drive, run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and under the External Devices tab, choose the exact drive where you lost data. Click Scan.

select external hard drive

Step 2. Scan for lost data

The software will start immediately to scan all over the selected drive for all lost data. During the scan, you could see more and more data showing up in the results.

scan external hard drive

Step 3. Preview and recover data

After the scan is over, check the scan results for the desired data. You can preview the file by double-clicking on it. Click Recover and choose another location to save the recovered data.

preview and recover data

Reaction score
Hi,

could you please share what message you receive when try to access your files. Have you checked whether the external drive is write protected or not?

Reaction score
Hi,

could you please share what message you receive when try to access your files. Have you checked whether the external drive is write protected or not?

Attachments

• message.jpg
    message.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 158
Reaction score
This is the error I get when I try to open the hard drive
After I tried most of the suggestions I found I had a bad USB connection. Thanks to everyone for the help!

Ask a Question