Finalising a DVD

Reaction score
Usually the program you are using will have a way/choice in its settings to finalize a DVD-RW or DVD+RW disc.

Reaction score
Thank you. I have tried but it says the disc is not compatible so perhaps it is a disc problem. Weird as it has burnt the disc ok but just will not finalise. I have burnt a number of photos and documents and want the disk to play on the tv so perhaps I will try our other computer which is not windows 10.

Reaction score
it says the disc is not compatible
I was hoping you would respond about the discs such as they are DVD-R or DVD+R which usually don't need finalizing, are Recordable, ONCE. The RW discs are ReWritable, can be erased and used again. And knowing what program is being used. In this day/age of information everything is good to know for helping out.

Reaction score
I used Nero Platinum Suite and it is a DVD-R. I have tried erasing and rewriting again but it makes no difference.

Reaction score
If you can erase and rewrite then it is the MODE you chose to burn the DVD... it seems you selected to Preserve not Finalize
The industry standard for burning
  • Drag and drop directly from your desktop and easily copy* or burn CDs and DVDs
  • Create data, audio, photo, or video discs with ease
  • Back up or archive your files across multiple discs
  • Burn your photos to disc
  • Create and burn ISO image files
  • Easily erase discs or finalize discs
  • RoxioEasyCDandDVDBurning Getting Started Guide7About Easy CD and DVD BurningHere’s a brief description of the components included in Easy CD and DVD Burning. ■Roxio HomeRoxio Home is the starting point that lets you access the components and tools you need for all of your digital media projects. Use Roxio Home to:■Open all of your Easy CD and DVD Burning applications and utilities■Copy discs, create data discs, and save large sets of data as disc image files■Create Audio CDs and MP3 discs■Convert audio CDs to digital music files■Erase and finalize discs. (Find these projects and more under the Tools menu.)

Reaction score
How to from NERO 2017
Install Nero on your computer or any other CD/DVD burning software.

Select the files to be written on the DVD and then click next, after you will be asked if you want to burn the DVD in multi session or not.
Select "burn with multi session".
Once the burning process is complete, insert the DVD again into your driver and this time you can write it in usual manner.

Ask a Question