Firefox

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
My old laptop (Samsung RV511) is now my daughters....she's taking it to college. I did a clean install of windows 8.1 Pro and fully updated it and gave it to her. Now she has upgraded it to windows 10 Pro. Every browser works...ie IE 11, Edge, Chrome and no issues at all.

Now FF is telling us "This Connection is Untrusted" error message on anything we click on or type in the search bar. I've uninstalled FF, manually removed leftovers from the registry and reinstalled and still get that crazy ass error message. This is totally blowing my mind. I've done some goggling on it and the results are vague at best.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not a clue.
According to this https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/connection-untrusted-error-message
It should only be impacting secure sites.... those beginning with https://
And down near the bottom of that article along with all the blah blah about certificates it suggests checking date time and region settings.

Other that that the last time I blew away firefox I had to track down the firefox profile folder and blow that away as well. I think there was something wrong with my FF profile.
You may want to rename it rather that just deleting it.

Reaction score
My old laptop (Samsung RV511) is now my daughters....she's taking it to college. I did a clean install of windows 8.1 Pro and fully updated it and gave it to her. Now she has upgraded it to windows 10 Pro. Every browser works...ie IE 11, Edge, Chrome and no issues at all.

Now FF is telling us "This Connection is Untrusted" error message on anything we click on or type in the search bar. I've uninstalled FF, manually removed leftovers from the registry and reinstalled and still get that crazy ass error message. This is totally blowing my mind. I've done some goggling on it and the results are vague at best.

... maybe go to " Tools " then down to " Options " in FF and look at the various settings ... you might try to install an earlier version of FF and see if you have the same problems ...

Ask a Question