SOLVED Firefox

Reaction score
:) Hi all.

This is a request for guidance about Firefox. An old grievance for me.

I have had to use other browsers to Firefox for some time now due to the severe problems currently and previously encountered with what has to me, become the worst bag of browser junk on the Internet.

I will not bore you with past details, just bring you up to date as to current issues.

Reinstalled Mozilla Firefox v72. Method Safe Mode with Internet.
Worked fine in safe mode.
Proceeded to normal mode (restart).
Screen came up.It installed ok, including old add-ons.
Tried to set up a start page (Google). It crashed, crashed, crashed etc.

I had previously removed all traces of original Firefox and to best of my knowledge, non exist.
I have no problems with any other browsers,ie; Explorer,Edge, Chrome, Brave,Opera.

Any ideas welcomed.
ps; please do not tell me that it works ok for you as it does not work for me. thus the problem appears to lie with Firefox itself. Refreshing it does nothing.
All the best:rolleyes:

Reaction score
I take your point,my friend. However, having deleted all of previous Firefox details, which should have done the same for add- ons, how do you stop Firefox from re-installing them again and again with every new copy.
Additionally, I never get asked if I require a new start anymore.

Reaction score
There is an Add-ons Manager. From there you will be able to remove them. Once removed they will only come back, if you install them again.

Ctrl + Shift + A

Reaction score
I think our addons may be at fault too. I wonder which version you had used the last time. If prior to V 56.0 than your addons or most of them should not work anymore and automatically be disabled. However, disabled does not mean deleted so they could be your issue.
I still use V 56.0.2 cause that was the last one where my addons still work (I am a creature of habit) but I am slowly feeling the need to upgrade as this version fails to display certain websites as the do not support it any more....

Reaction score
I never get asked if I require a new start anymore
That does suggest a deeper problem as I always get the prompt to restart Firefox to finish the install. Maybe permissions, firewall, antivirus/antimalware or some other security-type program?
EDIT: one other point, safe mode doesn't load every thing seen in normal mode, wouldn't think it would be a driver [but maybe] or could be something in Task Manager, Startup tab.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Current system:-
Windows 10 pro x 64
Version 1909
OS build 18363,628

Startup (Task manager).

Kaspersky Password manager.
Fences

Running in background I have "Process Lasso 9.6.0.68"

I have since taken Firefox off again, however, prepared to re-install if solution can be found.
Main problem is Firefox just will not open either Google or even it's own Firefox start page. It crashes "Woops" (or something like that).Reset? Nothing happens, except back to crash page.
Add-ons appear to work. Internet access appears not to work with "Firefox" only.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To remove all traces of any software / programs you need to use a 3rd party uninstaller such as "revo uninstaller" free edition is enough.

After using "revo uninstaller" you need to install and use "Agent Ransack" free edition and see what traces still remain which can be manually removed.

As with any 3rd party software make certain to read all installation panes so as not to install additional BS software.

Reaction score
some times it might also help to CLEAN the CACHE. - after removal of do a SHUTDOWN, not a restart. then start - cache can retail all your issues, while a restart does not always clean, but a SHUTDOWN and short wait can help.
PS: I use Firefox, and insider OS 19555.1005 and no such issues with FireFOX. and if you ask FireFox will do a total removal of
1580923313621.png

here is a link to help also ---- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox/fix-problems

Reaction score
Anytime I've uninstalled programs like Firefox, it always leaves a folder on the C drive, program files x86, Mozilla Firefox. To get a clean install after uninstalling, delete the Mozilla Firefox folder and then reinstall.

Reaction score
:confused: Poorguy.I used Agent Ransack ( good program) which found 35 files hidden in users. In the past I have used REVO installer pro v3 and a lot of hidden bits found in that installer.Used ccleaner after.
Reinstalled Firefox v72 x64 bit and refreshed all add-ons. However, same problem. TABS CRASHING. Continuous. What the devil do I have to do to get this piece of Junk to work.
Start page left at default and the blasted thing will not even load that, let alone Google or anything else. Whereas, no problems with any other browser. Problem is in FIREFOX, not my computer as this would be seen in other browsers.

Reaction score
Not a good offering. Some years ago I tried Firefox - didn't like it. Tried several time since with no move forward. Like its compatriot - too complicated with all the customisation and add ons.
I followed the Edge program (Beta) and was quite pleased. I have been using Edge as my default for some time now, and have recently changed to the latest Never looked back!

Reaction score
davehc; know how you feel. Bar none, it was, the best browser around. Now, constructed by geeks and children, at that. Never get any help from Mozilla. It deserves to be removed. my problems with it have gone on for 2 years. No problems with other browsers getting them to work.

Wolfie. Dammed if I can remember, too much water under the bridge. Site you are suggesting, works ok?

Reaction score
Reinstalled Firefox v72 x64 bit and refreshed all add-ons. However, same problem. TABS CRASHING. Continuous. What the devil do I have to do to get this piece of Junk to work.
Start page left at default and the blasted thing will not even load that, let alone Google or anything else. Whereas, no problems with any other browser. Problem is in FIREFOX, not my computer as this would be seen in other browsers.
I've used Firefox forever and yes seems to be problematic sometimes.

I use DuckDuckGo as my default start page and the only extensions / add-ons I use are uBlock Origin and DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials and haven't had any problems.

FWIW
Years ago I had a problem with Google Chrome and Chromium crashing all of the time and all I had to do to fix it was to go into settings and turn off hardware acceleration and no more problems.

Don't have a clue where hardware acceleration may be located at in Firefox and Firefox seems to keep some settings buried so you may have to do some digging.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wolfie.Tried your site suggestion , once again problems. Blocked from starting up.
Searched my antivirus system (Kaspersky) from top to bottom and made adjustments .
Re-started Your suggested version, it started, only for me to be confronted with the same old rubbish. Would not start up even it's own home page.
That is it for me. Never again.
Closing this thread now, obviously no solution available for me after 2 years.
I trust that Mozilla due to it's lack of help to it's patrons, closes down.

Many thanks to everyone for their suggestions and kind help in this whole matter. Good luck to you all.

Reaction score
If you have Kaspersky, that may be the reason, it has a knack of stopping things from working unless you go into settings and allow a specific app, Kaspersky stops things from working correctly, I wish you had told us that at the beginning!.

My tip, get rid of Kaspersky AV!. ;)

Ask a Question