Firewall problems

Reaction score
So after i loaded the latest update (KB3081424). afterwards i could not browse the internet. can connect to my network. but no ability to access web pages. looked about trying to fix the problem myself. mainly came down to i had to disable the firewall on bitdefender to be able to get a proper connection.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Why don't you try, uninstalling Bitdefender for now and see if everything works properly, and then perhaps you could reinstall it afterwards and see if it works.
Not sure which version of Bitdefender you're using or even if they have a proper Windows 10 version yet.

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Bitdefender Total Security 2015 firewall blocks all network connectivity after KB3081424 if it is set to "block internet connection sharing". With that option disabled the firewall seems to work. Bitdefender 2015 did push an update for win10.

At any rate the problem seems to be with something changed in internet connection sharing by KB3081424 that breaks BD2015 firewall. Rolling back KB3081424 didn't sole the problem. KB3081424 has now reinstalled and the problem persists. I turned off "updates from more than one place" since that was turned on by KB3081424 and probably requires connection sharing but that didn't help. I'm currently using windows firewall but am concerned about what KB3081424 did to my security settings. I'd rather not be sharing any internet connections.

Reaction score
After experiencing issues with eset, I have switched to Spyshelter firewall. 14 day trial, and a "lifetime" license option.

So far, I like it a lot....

Ask a Question