SOLVED First picture screen after the Manufacturers Logo

Reaction score
I have two computers; one is a Dell laptop and the other is a Dell Desktop. Both run Windows 10 Pro with Microsoft Office 365. I use Microsoft Edge for a browser and tray to keep all systems updates with the latest updates. Some where down the line both systems has the first splash screen after the Manufacturers Logo that come up and has the Time and date in the left lower corner shows a picture that seems to be a screen shot one both of them but a different picture on each. One is of a picture I took with my phone and the other is a portion of the display of the system information that you get when you left click windows icon in the lower left of the screen and select “system”. I can not find where to get rid of these. The normal thing that shows before are the random picture that Microsoft displays of many wonderful places and picture from around the world. How can I get those back and get rid of the awful ugly screen shots? I am not sure when or how this happened. But I am sure it is tied to my profile or the system info somewhere.

Reaction score
Hi curt,

open Settings > Personalization > Lock screen and check that it says "Windows Spotlight". :)

1595058816686.png

Reaction score
There is a now a free package on MS store called Dynamic Theme that can do daily Bing images as well. as background and or the Lock screen

Reaction score
Thanks guys I found the setting Wolfie shows and fixed them both. I haven't a clue how that got changed because I never did it. Guess it could have bee stuff I had in my one drive to share with someone. Bet one of our lovely updates may have caused it. Thanks again.

Ask a Question