Flash Player

Reaction score
Sometimes the web videos, and the "get started" video work.
Other times, is black, or green, saying video has failed.
We both have the same problem. Something I can't figure out.
On a clean install, videos work without flash installed.
As I added VLC, and Irfanview, video stopped.
Downloaded Adobe flash, no difference, no video.
Clicking halfway through video makes it work again.
A wee bit frustrating.

Reaction score
So it looks like win 10 doesn't play well with others. I would have hoped that the win 10 team would have came up with a work around by now.

Reaction score
Lets be clear, Microsoft has no control over non-Microsoft applications or add-ons. With every OS release there are changes that have to be made to stay compatible. If Flash is no longer working, Adobe is the one needing to make the change not Microsoft.

Reaction score
Even turning off Adobe Flash Player in Advanced settings in Edge makes no difference.

If MS have no control over what is coming through internet, that's fine. Who knows,
could be Windows shut function down, if security threat realized. Never ending threat holes in Flash.

But to have the animation/videos of "get started" on the start menu fail most of the time, that is not good.
Something is really messed up somewhere. Is the "get started" internal, or downloaded from web each time?

In time, it will be fixed. Guess just sit back, and be happy we don't get to see those irritating pop up flash ads on web sites.
And be carefull too. If a site says need new codec version to see video, download now.---Don't get sucked into virus download!
Go to Adobe site instead.

Ask a Question