Flickering of screen, with no recent upgrade

Reaction score
A few days ago my Dell desktop started this issue. The display on the monitor flashes on and off. I can open the task bar and it does not flash on and off when the rest of the display does. I can not open the control panel. I haven't recently made any changes or updates on the computer. I did install HR Block to do my taxes, but uninstalled that thinking that may be the issue. Still having the same issue. I've tried putting it in safe mode and restarting it, still nothing changes. I need help!! Thanks!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
A few days ago my Dell desktop started this issue. The display on the monitor flashes on and off.
Have you tried a System Restore, to a point in time prior to the problem to see if that provides any relief from the issue?

Reaction score
Would a system restore delete all my pictures and files?! They aren't backed up anywhere.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nope. It's have never been my experience that a System Restore impacts data.
Still, with that being said, it is always a good idea to have your critical data backed up.
Try booting into Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking and see if that provides enough relief from your screen issue to at least perform a backup.

Ask a Question