Flyouts that my Verizon and Gmail account settings out-of-date, how do I stop them.

Reaction score
I keep getting flyout messages from Windows 10 regarding my Verizon Yahoo and Gmail accounts are out of date and need updating. When Microsoft first installed Windows 10 on my computer everything worked fine and my email accounts synched OK after I inserted the passwords. I use Firefox as my browser, instead of Edge most of the time. Both of my email accounts work great on Firefox and my Android HTC One. Question, how can I stop the flyout message from the Activity Center? They are a nuisance.

Reaction score
You can get that message when the user has set up two-factor/two-step authentication on the email account, the fix is to enter an app specific password instead of your usual account password.
Another reason is a change in server settings - addition on SSL &/or port number changes.

Reaction score
I keep getting flyout messages from Windows 10 regarding my Verizon Yahoo and Gmail accounts are out of date and need updating. When Microsoft first installed Windows 10 on my computer everything worked fine and my email accounts synched OK after I inserted the passwords. I use Firefox as my browser, instead of Edge most of the time. Both of my email accounts work great on Firefox and my Android HTC 10. Question: How can I stop the flyout messages from the Activity Center? I have checked my Gmail and Yahoo Mail Passwords and they seem to be correct. I have even changed the passwords, but the flyouts will start again. They are a nuisance.

Reaction score
If what you say is what is causing the flyouts, then how do I turn it off altogether?

Reaction score
First check that you have two-step authentication on your account by going to Yahoo website & signing in - same with your Gmail account - look for security settings & it should tell you whether you have it or not, if so then you'll need to create an app specific password for the email account & enter that instead of your account password.
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN5013.html
https://www.google.com/landing/2step/

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF these "flyouts" you are speaking of, are simply notifications......
You can turn them off
Settings -> System -> Notifications & actions (left column)
Take a look and see what you have turned on or turned off and see if anything present there might be what you are talking about

Ask a Question