Folder says it is empty but when clicking on properties it shows the files are still in there

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just backing up my files to hard drive and when i copied them over to the designated folder the folder went empty (previous files and new ones). I clicked on the folder properties and it seems as though they still exist within the folder but it shows it is empty. I have attached a screen shot to show.

I have my hidden files on show so I don't undersand why or how they have disapeared. can anyone help me to get these back?

Thanks

Ibrahim

Attachments

• two.png
    two.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 667
  • one.png
    one.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 702
Reaction score
Hi,

I was just backing up my files to hard drive and when i copied them over to the designated folder the folder went empty (previous files and new ones). I clicked on the folder properties and it seems as though they still exist within the folder but it shows it is empty. I have attached a screen shot to show.

I have my hidden files on show so I don't undersand why or how they have disapeared. can anyone help me to get these back?

Thanks

Ibrahim

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Threads merged.
Please refrain from double or cross posting.
What types of files are these?
Have you refreshed the view in File Explorer?
Have you rebooted the system?
Does the sizes indicated in the folder properties reflect a probable size expected from the files that were copied to the removable drive"
Do the files still exist in their original location?

Ask a Question