FOLDERS VANISHED FROM DESKTOP

Reaction score
I put three new folders on the desktop. I put some pics in them. I worked on a few other documents for 5 minutes. Then I looked for the 3 folders ... but they had VANISHED. I have searched every desktop folder, including the Recycle bin. I have tried 'Show hidden files.' I have tried typing the folder names into Search. I have tried Recent Items.

Then I bought Recuva (deleted files recovery programme) in case the folders had somehow been deleted, and searched eveywhere with that, but without sucess. The folders contain valuable fotos. I was just about to copy them to Disc ... but before I could, the folders were gone. Can anyone HELP?? Keith Woods

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you've done everything there is to be done.... everything I would have done anyway.
What was the source of these items? Were they on a camera or sd card or other external storage?
If so, have you double searched those devices as well?
I had something similar happen to me once, but I'm pretty sure it was my own fault and since then I always copy images from their source instead of move them, until I'm completely sure that I'm finished with any post production manipulation and then after saving them where I want them, I go back to the source and delete them from there.

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you've done everything there is to be done.... everything I would have done anyway.
What was the source of these items? Were they on a camera or sd card or other external storage?
If so, have you double searched those devices as well?
I had something similar happen to me once, but I'm pretty sure it was my own fault and since then I always copy images from their source instead of move them, until I'm completely sure that I'm finished with any post production manipulation and then after saving them where I want them, I go back to the source and delete them from there.
Thanx. The source was my Digital Cam. 'Recuva' did recover some of the pics from that cam ... but unfortunately, the pics had overwritten the pics I put into the folders on my desktop that just vanished. So annoying. KW

Ask a Question