FPS Droping After 1 Minute of Gameplay GPU Power drops Down

Reaction score
Hey there as i told u in the title that is the probllem

I open Dota 2 and i have 80+ FPS after some minutes of play it drops back to 60 sometimes 50 ive been watching gpu core and when i open game it runs with 1135~mhz and after 1 min it drops down to 600~mhz as u can see in the picture bellow i market the gpu core with 2 black lines to see how it drops

i cant figure out the problem anyone know anything about this?

Edited: I also can boost up that gpu core when i alt+tab the game and when i come back to game i still have high fps after a minute it drops again

Attachments

• wqeertrtyu.jpg
    wqeertrtyu.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 527

Regedit32

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum AniX

This is not my area of expertise however the two most common things that cause FPS drops are:
  • Overheating which is usually resolved by replacing heat sink, installing a better cooling system
  • GPU drivers. Updating them may help; and in some cases rolling them back can also help. Sometimes the latest is not the best.

Hopefully, others in the Forum have more ideas for you.

Regards,

Regedit32

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
After doing some looking around....I find that your CPU is a mobile chip and that tells me you using a laptop. The T-junction is 100°C ....which for me is a bit to high for my liking. I'm assuming your are using the laptops built in GPU...either a embedded chip or off the CPU.

My conclusion: Your gaming on a laptop which is not meant to do and you have a cooling issue. Not much you can do to cool a laptop (internally) but externally you can use a laptop chill mat.

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum AniX

This is not my area of expertise however the two most common things that cause FPS drops are:
  • Overheating which is usually resolved by replacing heat sink, installing a better cooling system
  • GPU drivers. Updating them may help; and in some cases rolling them back can also help. Sometimes the latest is not the best.

Hopefully, others in the Forum have more ideas for you.

Regards,

Regedit32
hey there thank you for your reply and as i posted there the temperature so u can see if the temperature is too much and u told me ur not expertism and thats ok but i have allways latest driver on my laptop and i was thinking this oucld be any windows 10 issue or just the gpu drivers?

ive read about this in anothers forums and someone said they used a previous driver and older one and it fixed the problem i havent tried that one but as u also said i have to try that one thank you ill let u know if it fix the problem

Reaction score
After doing some looking around....I find that your CPU is a mobile chip and that tells me you using a laptop. The T-junction is 100°C ....which for me is a bit to high for my liking. I'm assuming your are using the laptops built in GPU...either a embedded chip or off the CPU.

My conclusion: Your gaming on a laptop which is not meant to do and you have a cooling issue. Not much you can do to cool a laptop (internally) but externally you can use a laptop chill mat.

allright ill buy a cooler and let u know about the issue

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Also should have mentioned.....get a can of compressed air from any retail store that sells PC's and accessories and blow out all the ports and openings. That should brake up any dust that's built up inside the laptop and remove it.

Reaction score
Just saw in arstechnica that the thermal limit for an Nvidia 1080 is 82 Deg C. Probably irrelevant to a different GPU in a laptop but the screen capture is showing 70 Deg C. I wonder if the CPU is throttling as well at 75-76 C.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
This is another inherent issue with switchable GPU's on laptop. I'm not sure if the Intel HD Graphics 4600 that's part of the Intel i7 4700MQ CPU is all/part of the issue. As the screen shot doesn't show that aspect of it.

Reaction score
allright i have the hd4600 integrated as u mentioned before and what u want me to post here and so u can see more info that u need?

Reaction score
allright i have the hd4600 integrated as u mentioned before and what u want me to post here and so u can see more info that u need?

The Intel HD 4600 igpu is really weak compared to modern igpu's. But the reason why this is happening is most likely thermal throttling and not the weak igpu, put a fan next to your laptop or something if it heats up too fast will cool it down a bit.

Ask a Question