Free Antivirus

Reaction score
Is there any completely free antivirus for Windows 10.

I am a pensioner that cannot really afford these expensive AV programmes.

Appreciate

Reaction score
Yes, there is. It is called Windows Defender and it is part of Windows 10. In my opinion there is no need for third party AV programs although it is a matter of the users safety behavior. Security is less a software than it is a concept. No software can protect the user from "wild" behavior.
I am using Windows Defender since my change to Windows 10 and never had a problem so far....

Reaction score
Ditto. But a caution. I read countless posts on the web, on the subject of how to turn off Windows 10 updates. Be aware! If you do this, you also turn off the Defender definition updates, which are important.

Reaction score
For most people Windows Defender is perfectly fine, and it's built in and turned on by default. I use Bitdefender on most of my systems, but on the slower ones I just use Defender because it's really lightweight. I would also download the free version of Malwarebytes and run a scan once a week.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
windows defender all the way dont need nothing else have used defender only since windows 10 came out and have had no trouble at all

Reaction score
Nothing beats windows defender when it comes to windows 8,10 and MS security Essentials till windows 7.

Reaction score
Latest tests show Windows Defender as one of the top, thats all I use on my PCs along with Malwarebytes free once a month.

Ask a Question