Free Windows 10 Upgrade Ends December 31, 2017

Reaction score
I will have to give a girlfriend of mine a nudge, she is still clinging on to W8 the poor thing!. :confused: If anyone needs accessibility help it is her!. :D:D:D

Reaction score
Does this include those that have installed the free W 10 but have gone back to W 7.
ie will they still be able to use the W 10 Creation tool to put W10 back on a PC that has previously been on W 10 but is now running W 7 / 8. o_O

Reaction score
I would think so Defender01, I think as long as you installed W10 at least once, it should still have the digital licence thingy in place?, correct me if I am wrong anyone!. :)

Reaction score
I have done that and it worked. Although the caveat is that it was on early Insider versions.

Reaction score
Doing it now [up to 88%] on a Win7 Notebook I rehabbed [needed a new keyboard].

EDIT: so much for this process, the computer rebooted to finish some downloads so we get to start over. Moral: be sure the computer is fully up-to-date before starting. I failed in that as I got in a hurry to go set up a new computer in our local animal shelter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
After getting an HP Notebook Upgraded the other day I did a Dell Inspiron 620 Desktop today, just finished. This Upgrade does take a few hours.

Ask a Question