Freeze during installation

Reaction score
Hello - I am having trouble with a clean install of Windows 10. It keeps getting stuck at 'Just a moment...' completely freezing up without a cursor. In browsing other forums with a similar issue I disabled all networking in my BIOS, did another fresh install, but again it freezes at the same point.

To clarify, I haven't even logged into the system, this happens after installing the core files and first reboot. What happens every time is this specifically....

1. Format disk
2. Have windows setup partitions and install
3. After it finishes installing everything it reboots
4. There's only a black screen with no cursor (I've waited about 30 minutes one time and it didn't let up)
5. Reset the computer (sometimes I have to do this a few times)
6. Windows begins booting up to finish the installation, says 'Just a moment...' then freezes

Any help would be appreciated. I'm installing it using a bootable USB stick.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Vii Impact
Processor: Intel i5 4690k
GFX (not that I think it matters a whole lot): GTX 750 Ti

Edit: Added exact steps on what happens

Reaction score
Update: I kept hitting reset and I eventually got a prompt for recovery. I chose to reset the PC and not keep any files (I reformatted anyway). Stay tuned.. I will update shortly.

Reaction score
Update: I was able to get to the login screen but now it's prompting me for a password for defaultuser0.... I've looked on forums but they're only referencing some test build. This is a brand new USB that I just created today using my media recovery options

Reaction score
Update:

Re-enabled Bluetooth & Network in BIOS
Went back to login screen, clicked Login Options and it gave me the option to manually put in my Microsoft login
Now I'm completely stuck because it keeps saying wrong password, even though it's DEFINITELY NOT WRONG!

Ask a Question