Front jack (panel) - works only one side

Reaction score
Greetings!
I just bought a new PC and installed W10 (previously was using W7) and when i plugged my headphones to front jack i did not have any sound at all. I googled for some time to find a solution and found that i have to check "Disable front panel jack detection" and i got the sound, BUT the sound was only in one side. When i was testing in Realtek HD Audio Manager it also played sound only in one side.

Headphones work fine so it probably is Windows glitch.
P.S. also tried to uninstall & reinstall drivers for Realtek HD Audio, didnt help.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Most likely it's your front panel audio jacks. Was this working correctly under windows 7? Do you have external speakers connected and does the sound come out of both left and right speakers? If so, then connect your headset to the audio jack on the back panel and see if sound is coming from both left and right sides.

Reaction score
Yes, on the back side it also works correctly and yes, i have speakers that always were connected to the backside and they work fine as well. I left my Win7 on the other PC and on this new PC I installed only Win10.

Ask a Question